What We Do
Personal Power is a core element of the program. Girls learn seven dimensions of their personal power and how to use a critical thinking process to help them understand why they are powerful and how to use these tools to embrace success in school and life.
Leadership development is a focus of GIA. Girls learn how to become positive leaders in their school and local community through community service learning projects. The girls participate in career coaching by local and community women leaders.
Throughout the program, girls are actively designing their future by using strategic planning and participating activities that support them as they grow. At the end of the school year, their efforts are celebrated with an annual tea event where they showcase their learning and service projects.
Girls go on field trips to colleges, cultural and community events that inspire greatness within.
Working in tandem with local school districts, girls are supported by their educational institution. Each weekly mentoring meeting is packed with tools and resources to help the GIA girls succeed in their current situation and plan for a successful future.
We specialize in engaging students in the following Five C’s that directly influence girls’ lives:
- Confidence: GIA girls learn how to use their personal power to embrace academic and social success.
- College: GIA girls attend at least one college tour a year. Every girl is expected to attend college
- Careers: GIA girls participate in small career coaching groups and visit a major corporation each year.
- Culture: GIA girls participate in a variety of cultural experiences that include theatre, art, and history.
- Community: GIA girls demonstrate leadership skills by conducting community service-learning projects.
We are Girls in Action
There are no upcoming events at this time.